This past week Maryland has been getting a lot of snow. I know because my Mom keeps emailing me about it. And the Baltimore Ravens tweeted pictures of a snow-filled M&T Bank Stadium.
It’s actually been reasonably warm here in London, but then again I normally wear leggings under my jeans so maybe I just don’t notice the chill.
Last year we had white Christmas, and I’m hoping for one this year. As long as the snow holds off until I am snug in my bed dreaming of sugar-plums and all that jazz. Continue reading
Today is Thanksgiving. It’s also my first Thanksgiving away from my family and away from the country that actually celebrates Thanksgiving.
But I am an American, so I still want to take this day to express my gratitude.
Today I’m grateful for…
- the opportunity to live in a new country and experience a part of the world I might not have otherwise
- the scholarships that helped get me here and the people who encouraged me to go
- my education at UNC, which in itself has been my life’s greatest opportunity
- the new friends here who I have enjoyed London with and taught me about their cultures
- the old friends I’ve explored Europe with
- and most importantly my family( and friends) at home who I look forward to seeing in a few weeks